Oxfam in the West End

Tuesday, October 25, 2005


meet........

BEATRICE


I have been a volunteer in both the Drury Lane & Earlham Street Oxfam shops since February 2001.


I had been a customer for about 20 year – and then I saw an advert for volunteers – and I snapped up the chance immediately.


I don’t have a best musical album – and I don’t understand art – but the best book I’ve read recently was about the Third Reich called the Mastership Game.


I was born in Argentina – but ideally I would love to live in England or Scotland.


My favourite journey is the one coming in to work here at Oxfam.


The places I have been happiest were in Cyprus & here in London.


My favourite colour is yellow – and my star sign is Cancer.


For my favourite meal of shepherds pie & roast turkey – I would invite Craig McLean (because he is a good friend) – Sean Connery (because his life story is great) – and Cherry Booth (because she is an outstanding woman).


I love volunteering for Oxfam because the shops are good for everyone!!

3 Comments:

  • hey Sóna Abantu,

    nice blog you got there...try to use better color for the text...I find it hard reading yellow text...

    :d keep up with ur blog..bye

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM, November 10, 2005  

  • Hi Anonymous

    Fair comment on the use of yellow - nice to know we have visitors who care enough. Keep coming back!

    peace
    Sóna Abantu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 PM, November 23, 2005  

  • Hi everyone,I just found the blog and recognized Beatrice in the photo... I was a volunteer at the Drury Lane shop back in 2002... nice surprise, remembering those times... :)
    Ruth Pardiñas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM, June 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home