Oxfam in the West End

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

THANKS OM!!


I've just received this very touching email from Om - who very many of you met over the past couple of months. He has had to go back to LSE full time again - but might pop in on the occasional Saturday (a story so familiar to many of the Saturday crews).

Please also follow the link to his blogsite - which is very well written and humorous - but especially the Happy New Year entry. Perhaps it strikes a chord with some of you?!

Om - please know that I have appreciated all the very hard work you have put in for Oxfam - and yes - you have made a world of difference.




Dear Sona,

I'm sorry I couldn't see you last saturday. Classes have now started at the LSE and regardless of much I had planned beforehand, I find myself buried under the workload. I have also begun to search for a part-time job. As and when I get time though, I hope it will be okay if I can drop in sometime and do some work.

I also think I must stress how much my work at the store over the last month has come to mean to me. I had never really thought that I could make any bit of a difference on my own, but these days I feel as if I have done so. I hope you can take a moment and have a look at my web-log (
spaces.msn.com/members/Om87) at the entry 'Happy New Year' to see how much better I feel about having worked with you.

Best wishes always,
Om

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home