Oxfam in the West End

Friday, November 25, 2005




meet…….

ALAIN

I have been a volunteer at the Drury Lane Oxfam shop since the 14 November 2005. I joined as a work placement trainee – and as I have to work free of charge – I prefer to do it for a charitable organisation.

My best album of all time is Woodstock (1969).

In my spare time I like listening to music and surfing the web.

My favourite book is Les Justes by Camus.

I was born in France but ideally I would love to live somewhere in Africa.
My favourite journey so far has been to Ivory Coast, which is where I have been the happiest. I spent my military service there teaching textile designs to locals.

My favourite colour is blue and my star sign is Aquarius.

My favourite meal has got to be grilled lobster.

The three people I would invite to a meal would be my father, mother & wife – because my father has passed away – but he was fond of a good meal.
I love volunteering for Oxfam because it’s an international organisation which fights poverty everywhere – and has no religious or political ideologies.


Alain is now back in France. Alain - thanks for all the great political conversations you had with us - we all learnt so much from you. Please visit when you're next in London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home