Oxfam in the West End

Thursday, January 19, 2006


meet………

CHIARA

I have been a volunteer in this Drury Lane store since July 2003.

I joined way back then as I had some free time during the week (I worked part-time at the time) – and thought it’d be a good idea to work for an organisation of volunteers. The flexibility of work also suits me now that I have a full time job from Mondays to Fridays – as I have now switched to Saturdays.

My favourite musical of all time has to be Mamma Mia.

And my best work of art is definitely ‘The Kiss’ by Klimt.

The best books I have ever read are – for a classic – ‘Wuthering Heights’ – and contemporary – ‘The God Of Small Things’ by Arundhati Roy.

I was born near Milan, in Italy – and I’m no too sure where I would ideally love to live – maybe Canada for a while – and Italy!!!

My favourite journey so far has been through Algeria – but I plan to travel through Latin America, India & the Middle East.

I have been happiest spending quality time with friends & loved ones - something that is sometimes taken for granted.

What do I want to be when I grow up?! GOOD QUESTION!!

Bordeaux and all the shades of blue are my favourite colours.

My star sign is a Libra.

My favourite meal? It’s easier to list what I don’t like!!

The people I would invite to a meal would be Edward Said – he may have had the solution. Michael Stipe (REM) & Souad Massi – I love their music. And then - all my friends around the world – I have not seen some in ages!!

I love volunteering for Oxfam because I hope I am contributing to making some people live a better life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home