Oxfam in the West End

Tuesday, June 13, 2006


meet…….

KITTY

I started volunteering here at the Drury Lane Oxfam shop in April 2006 in order to do something I feel is worthwhile – and is only a few hours out of my week.

I have quite a few favourites when it comes to music – how about The Three Tenors, Abba, The Mavericks, Nana Mouscouri & UB40?!

My favourite piece of art of all time has got to be the Sydney Opera House.

The best book I have ever read is the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith.

I was born in Dundalk, County Louth in Ireland – but ideally would love to live anywhere warm.

My favourite journey is from Tel Aviv to Eilat via Public Coach – but failing that – Business Class Singapore Airlines LHR-SYD.

I was happiest when I met my husband in ’66 and we danced seven nights a week…….

When I grow up I want to be a musician.

My favourite colour is black….. no…. turquoise……. no…. black …… no…….. turquoise……… oh!

My star sign is Cancer.

My favourite meals are either Indian food – or Irish Champ (traditional Irish dish of mashed potatoes with green onions).

For this meal (above) I would invite my late husband Liam (because I love him), my daughter – because she’s alright, and the late comedian Dave Allen – I’d be guaranteed laughter for the evening – and perhaps some fireworks at the end……

I love volunteering for Oxfam because it is a good cause – and you meet lots of either nice or interesting people – sometimes both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home