Oxfam in the West End

Wednesday, January 25, 2006



meet……

ALEV

I started volunteering in the Oxfam shops in Drury Lane & Ealing Broadway in June 2004 – in order to use my free time to work towards ending poverty.

My best album of all time is Kiss Me Kate by Cole Porter.

I’m not too sure of the name of my favourite piece of art – but it’s the one with drooping watches in the desert by Salvador Dali.

I was born in London – but ideally would love to live in Hawaii, Rome, Paris – or even here in London.

My favourite journey so far – was driving from Boston down to New Orleans.

The place I have been happiest was swimming in warm water with tropical fish all around me.

When I grow up I want to be a writer.

My favourite colours are purple, red & blue – and I am a Scorpio.

For my favourite meal of Lobster & Rabe, Sweetcorn & Clams – I would invite Frieda Kahlo, Joan of Arc & Sarah Bernhardt.

I love volunteering for Oxfam as it gives me the opportunity to work with Oxfam & be part of their aims. Also I love meeting new people – and of course all the volunteers.


Alev (& David) have just moved back to Boston USA! Alev - thanks for all the quiet proffesionalism you gave to Drury Lane!! We will all miss you terribly - but won't lose contact.

For all those who missed Alev's final day - please stay in touch with this email adress dungadanis@yahoo.co.uk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home