Oxfam in the West End

Friday, January 27, 2006


meet……

SHAFKAT


I started here in the Drury Lane Oxfam shop on the 26 January 2006 because – with my spare time - I wanted to help people much poorer than us here in the West.

My favourite group has got to be Guns & Roses.

The best piece of art I have seen in definitely the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci.

The best book I have so far read is The Godfather by Mario Puzo.

I was born in Bangladesh – but I would like to settle here in the UK now.

My favourite journey was when I first went to India – and that’s when I was the happiest – that – and when I came here to the UK to get married.

My favourite colours are blue & black – and I am an Aquarian.

For my favourite meal of pizza – I would love to invite my wife, Natsumi & Van because they are all lovely people.

I love volunteering for Oxfam because it allows me to help the world’s poorest people.


After volunteering 6 days a week for just over 4 months - Shafkat naturally got an excellent reference from us here in Oxfam. He then applied for - and got a fantastic job in one of the West End's more snooty 5-Star hotels - on the reception.

Well Done Shafkat!!

But ...... Get this:

He is still volunteering in either shop on his day off!!

Shafkat - thanks for all you are continuing to do for us here in Oxfam - you're a star!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home