Oxfam in the West End

Wednesday, January 25, 2006



meet……..

ANNE

I have been a volunteer in this Drury Lane Oxfam shop since November 2005 and I joined after hearing a street preacher in Oxford Circus say: You spend all your time buying things you don’t need – stop ignoring your starving neighbour in need."

My best album of all time is Origin of Symmetry by Muse.

My favourite piece of art is Bliss by David Slade.

The best book I’ve read so far is The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.

I was born in Birmingham England but I love living here in London right now.

My favourite journey is walking up Harrow on the Hill at sunset.

The time & place I was the happiest was at a Muse gig at Earls Court in 2004 with my friends.

When I grow up I want to be a journalist or somehow working in the media.

My favourite colour is red – I am a Leo – and my favourite dish is chicken Caesar salad.

I love volunteering for Oxfam because the atmosphere is great, meeting so many new people from all over the world is great – and knowing I’m doing something to help – however insignificant – is great.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home