Oxfam in the West End

Thursday, January 26, 2006



meet……..

PATRIC

I started in the Drury Lane Oxfam shop on the 23rd of January 2006 because I am a student at Aspect College (English Language College around the corner) – and I have a little time to help. I like your great aim to help people

world-wide.

I really like all music – but if I had to choose – I’d say the Rolling Stones.

My favourite works of art – are just about everything by Salvador Dali.

The best book I have ever read is a French book called La Prophetie des Andes.

I was born in Paris – France – but ideally I would love to live on the moon.

My favourite journeys so far have been to Tahiti – because it was so far – but I also loved New York, and Venice, and, and, and …….

I am pretty much happy all over the world – as long as I’m with great people – just conversing and getting along with them.

Although I’m 54 years old – when I grow up I’d like to help many people with all my skills & experiences.

My favourite colour is the yellow of the sun & I’m a Leo.

For my favourite meal of pasta – I’d invite John Fitzgerald Kennedy – because he was a strong leader – Mick Jagger – because he is a great artist & showman – and The Dalai Lama – to have great philosophical conversations with.

I love volunteering for Oxfam because it’s a good humanitarian cause – and all the staff are volunteers who give their spare time to help make a better world.


Patric has now learnt enough English - and has returned to France. Patric - thanks for all the great Jazz conversations over the sorting desk! I still think Coleman Hawkins is better than Charlie Parker - anyday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home